- Protect District Character and Prosperity: By choosing to support locally owned businesses, residents help maintain Greater Beverly’s diversity and distinctive flavor.
- Community Well-Being: Community owned businesses build strong neighborhoods by sustaining societies, linking neighbors, and by contributing more to local causes.
- Local Decision Making: Local ownership means that important decisions are made by people who live in the community and who will feel the impacts of those choices.
- Keeping Dollars in the Economy: Your dollars spent in local businesses have three times the impact on your community. When shopping close by, residents simultaneously create jobs, fund city services through sales tax, invest in neighborhood improvement, and promote community development.
- Job and Wages: Locally owned businesses create more local jobs.
- Entrepreneurship: Entrepreneurship fuels America’s economic innovation and prosperity, and serves as a key means for families to move out of low-wage jobs and into the middle class.
- Public Benefits and Costs: Local stores in town centers require comparatively little infrastructure and make more efficient use of public services relative to shopping online.
- Environmental Sustainability: Community stores help to sustain vibrant, compact, and walkable town centers which in turn are essential to reducing sprawl, automobile use, habitat loss, and air and water pollution.
- Competition: A marketplace of small businesses is the best way to ensure innovation and low prices over the long-term.
- Product Diversity: A multitude of local businesses, each selecting products based not on a national sales plan, but on their own interests and the needs of their local customers. This in turn, guarantees a much broader range of product choices.
Thank You from the Staff, Board of Directors our “Keep It Local” committee, we thank you in advance for supporting our local businesses year round.
If you are interested in joining the #KeepItLocal committee message us here!